Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chris McCandless, According to Ron Franz


I’m an old man with not much life to live,
But I’ll bestow upon anyone all the love I can give.
And when Chris McCandless came around one day,
I noticed he had important things to say.
That young boy had quite a clever mind,
And we had much in common, I did find.
I taught him how to make a leather belt,
And my tender old man heart in time did melt
For this young man who wandered in my life,
Who helped me to relive my old man strife.
That’s why, in time, I asked if he would stay,
Because I liked where we were in our little cache.
He said maybe, but eventually left,
While I stayed here, feeling quite bereft.
But from him I learned a lot,
And the lessons he taught me I never forgot.
He taught me to live while I still had the time,
And to try to make the best out of life’s steep climb.
Picture from: http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2007_Into_the_Wild/2007_into_the_wild_011.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment