Friday, January 29, 2010

Portland, ME: A Charming Coastal City


In the north of America, there is a gorgeous little state called Maine. On the coast, there are many bay- and seaside towns, bustling with activity. Farther inland, the evergreen tower over buildings in the forest. I have always wanted to travel there and stay for a time, to experience the picturesque water-friendly towns, and see the wildlife there. If I were to get the opportunity to travel to Maine, I would go up the coast by train, hopefully seated comfortably at a window seat so I can watch the trees and buildings as we rush by. I would spend my time in a quaint little inn in the seaside city of Portland, right off the Casco Bay. I would while away my days shopping in the one-of-a-kind stores, and just seeing what sort of wonders the town holds. Even though it might be cold, I wouldn't mind. I would be sure to try their lobster, and I would just explore and try to have the best time before I would regrettably have to return home.

2 comments:

  1. Portland sounds great. Now i want to go to there. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written paragraph. It makes me really want to go there, but I can't stand the cold. It looks very serene and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete